At Saint James Hospital Group we always do our best to ensure that we give good quality service and treat you with care and respect. Below are the rights you have as a patient here at Saint James Hospital Group. If at any time you aren’t satisfied with your care or feel we haven’t fulfilled these rights, please let us know using the contact form below.
You have the right to…
- Be treated with respect and courtesy;
- Have your privacy, confidentiality and dignity respected;
- Receive clear, understandable information about your treatment and care;
- Ask questions if you are in doubt;
- Know the name of the person treating you and their professional capacity;
- Be kept informed on waiting times, delays and cancellations;
- Be accompanied by a friend or relative during your consultation and / or examination;
- Refuse treatment at any stage;
- Access your personal medical record in accordance with Hospital policy;
- Respect for your cultural and spiritual practices.
You have the responsibility to…
- Be respectful and considerate of the rights of other patients, relatives, friends and staff;
- Provide, to the best of your knowledge, accurate information about all matters relating to your health;
- Follow your care plan, or tell your doctor when you are not following it and the reason why;
- Abide by Hospital policies including non-smoking policies, control of noise and number of visitors at any one time;
- Take responsibility for refusing treatment.