What services do you offer at the Immediate Care Unit (IMCU)?
We offer a range of services one would require for accidents and emergencies, including:
- General health advice
- GP services
- Suturing (stitches)
- Application of plaster casts
What conditions can you treat at IMCU?
We treat a wide variety of conditions, such as:
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Wounds and burns
- Cuts and grazes
- Ear, nose and throat conditions
- Gynaecological conditions
- Sports injuries
- Respiratory and chest complaints
- Stomach, bowel and bladder problems
Is a doctor available and where?
Doctors are available 24/7 in our Immediate Medical Care Unit (IMCU) available in both Sliema and Żejtun.
A doctor in IMCU is also available in Burmarrad Clinic from Monday to Saturday from 08:30 to 12:30, and 15:30 to 19:00.
What are your visiting hours for inpatients?
Our inpatient visiting hours are from 07:00 to 22:30.
I need to do some blood tests, how can I book?
Our medical laboratory services are located in Saint James Hospital, Sliema and Żejtun.
- Sliema: Open Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 18:30, and on Saturdays from 08:30 to 12:30. Closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- Żejtun: Open Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 13:00, and 15:00 to 18:00. Saturdays from 08:00 to 12:00. Closed on Sundays and public holidays.
In Burmarrad, there is no laboratory on site, but most blood samples are taken and sent to our Sliema laboratory, with a few exceptions.
Do you have a Dental service?
The Dental Unit in Sliema is open on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 09:00 to 1800, on Wednesday from 09:00 to 17:00, and on Friday from 09:00 to 13:00.
It is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Can I book a radiological investigation at Saint James Hospital?
We offer the following radiological investigations:
- Bone Density
- Computerised Tomography (CT Scan)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- PET Scan
How can I move, change or cancel an appointment I have at Saint James Hospital?
An appointment can be booked or changed through any of the following channels:
- By calling our Contact Centre on +356 2329 1000
- By sending a private message through our Facebook page
- By sending an email to [email protected]
- In person at our receptions in Sliema, Żejtun or Burmarrad
We accept various payment options, namely: cash, cards or cheques, and bank transfers (for in-patient bookings only).
Can I apply for direct settlement through the hospital?
A direct settlement, through a recognised insurance, is available mainly for any surgical procedure. Radiological investigations such as MRI, CT and PET scans can also be covered through a direct settlement.
A direct settlement needs to be organised and confirmed prior to the appointment otherwise you will be asked to pay for the investigation and claim directly from your insurance.
Are pregnancy scans available?
- 4D Ultrasound – Carried out between 27 and 30 weeks
- NT Scan – Carried out between 11 and 13 weeks
- Anomaly Scan – Carried out between 22 and 24 Weeks
Do you offer breast screening?
Mammography, Tomosynthesis and ultrasound are the most common scans available for breast screening.
Do you have any specialised clinics?
- Food intolerance
- Bio-Hormone Replacement Therapy
- GU clinic
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Sleep Apnoea
- Functional Medicine
Is the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) accepted?
No, the EHIC is not accepted within our hospitals or clinics.
Do you have any vacancies at the moment?
Please consult our Careers page.
I found a missed call from 2329 1000, what is this about?
This is the main number of our contact centre and any outgoing calls done by our contact centre will be shown through this number. The reasons for the call could be various, but the most likely are that:
- The contact centre is trying to reach you to confirm an upcoming appointment, typically a day before the date of the appointment
- The time or date of your appointment needs to be rescheduled
- We are trying to reach you to confirm some details or to advise particular instructions given by our clinician, such as that patient needs to bring a copy of results
Do you offer health screening packages?
Yes, we have various health screening packages which tackle various aspects of healthcare. Kindly call our contact centre on +356 2329 1000 for more information.
Are you a private hospital?
Yes, Saint James Hospital Group comprises a number of private hospitals and clinics.
What is the cost of an outpatient consultation?
There is no fixed price for consultations as this varies considerably depending on the nature of the booking and specialisation. Typically the price is determined during a consultation by the clinician.
Do I need to bring any particular documents?
The patient’s ID Card or an official identification document will be requested at Reception. Medical documents or results might be required by the clinician during your visit. If it is the first time you are seeing a particular clinician, it is always good practice to bring with you medical documents, history notes, if any, that can help the doctor with a diagnosis.
At what age can a patient attend an appointment unaccompanied?
Patients under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.